Monday 13 October 2014

The lovers and me

Hello again everyone

I hope you all had a good weekend. I am pleased to share that I have actually completed a single page, so yeah, I think I may have my mojo back. Unfortunately I won't be sharing this one as yet, but stay tuned, it may be sooner than you think, or not... (teasing :) )

Today I'd like to share one of my layouts that appeared in the February issue of Scrapbooking Memories Magazine. I've participated in a feature for Bo Bunny and absolutely loved playing with the  Zip-a-dee-doodle range. So much so, I ordered more of this gorgeous paper and ended up doing 3 layouts instead of only one.

I think you will agree that this range, absolutely screams for happy, joyfull photos.


   The lovers and Me




       Detail of the 3rd member of our family and changed embellishment




       Stitched photo corner and shadow-box border I made from the negatives of a sticker-       sheet.





                                 Hidden journaling, In the the dog's words...



IDEAS/TIPS

• Refrain from cutting of the brand name strip on your patterned papers at the start 
   of your creative process and use it in conjunction with your paper scraps to punch 
   boarders/photo mats for your photos.

• Stamp a border around your photos with Stazon Ink or hand stich one with 
   bakers twine.

• Use the negative sections of your sticker mats to create custom made shadow 
   boxes for journaling and embellishments. You would be surprised how many 
   interesting cut out shapes you may find.

• Edit the embellishments you have to suit your theme by blocking some words by 
   other embellishments to create a title that suits your photos.

• Fussy cut flowers from your patterned paper and mount them with foam tape or 
   use them to create flowers for cheap embellishments. 

• Last but not least, allow the patterned paper to guide your choice of photos. This 
   paper range is screaming for silly, happy and fun photos. If the colours in them do 
   not fit, convert them to black and white.

Product List:
Stamps – BoBunny; Paper – BoBunny; Stickers and Embelishments – 
BoBunny; Cardstock – Sam & Lucy ; Distress Ink – Ranger; Ink – Stazon; Ink Sprays – 
Tattered Angels and Lindy’s Stamp gang; Dies – Tim Holtz Alterations; Punches – Martha 
Steward, Paper doilies; Sew Easy Twine; Glue-Helmar, Double sided tape, MS Word

No comments :

Post a Comment