Saturday 7 April 2018

Kraft Plus Challenge April

Hello there everyone

I hope you all had a good Easter Weekend. I am back from my holiday in Thailand and really happy to share my take on our brand new challenge at Kraft Plus this month. 

As always our challenges are beautiful and fun but I think this one is extra special. We ask you to create a Kraft project including 4 elements: Something new, Something old, Something borrowed and Something blue. You can make any kind of project as long as it's Kraft and contain these 4 elements. 

Here is my take on it:


I decided on making a card and absolutely loved it. It was like taking a trip through memory lane and putting stuff together I forgot I have. :) 

Something old:

  • The yellow heart hatpin my aunt gave to me as part of a trinket box, full of stuff when the scrapbooking bug first bit me. She introduced me to this beautiful hobby and also gave me my first Scrapbooking memories magazine's. Yes this was while we still lived in South Africa and roundabout 14 years ago.
  •  The beads I strung. See before scrapbooking I used to dobble into beading and then I started gathering scrapbooking things. Really I thought I was scrapping but in effect I was just hording. 

Something new:

  •  The new lazer- cut images and flowers  from 49AndMarket.
  • The beautiful new mixed media inks, glitter,  grit and wood veneer word from 13arts.


Something borrowed: 

  • The resin embellishments. See my hubby and I both have hobbies. He makes knives which also means he sometimes cast resin for the knife handles. It's great because it means that I get to "borrow" his resin and equipment to have my stuff. And other times we use my mica powder for his stuff, though it's a good trade off I think 😉 
  • I also borrowed a card design from a previous set of cards I made that was featured in Australian Simple Cards Magazine earlier this year.


Something blue: 

  • The checkered blue card backing.
  • Blue flower at the bottom.

Come and join us this month and play along:


 http://kraftpluschallenges.blogspot.com.au/2018/04/april-something-old-something-new.html?m=1

Thank you so much for visiting me today. I hope you enjoyed your time here and 
Till next time have fun 
Xxx



2 comments :

  1. Wow! A stunning take on this month's challenge! I love everything about your beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anguree your work is always amazing! I hadn't noticed the strings of beads on this until you pointed it out. I love your aunt's pin too. Fabbo!

    ReplyDelete