Monday 31 August 2015

Off the Rails August Challenge

Hello there everyone

Wow, time sure fly when you have fun. It's been a very busy 2 months but I am happy to be back again. So today, I'd like to share my take on Off the Rails's August moodboard. It is absolutely gorgeous. So happy I got it done in time, just... :)

Here is the moodboard and a link to their blog, so please hop over and be inspired by the awesome work of their designers.



So for this challenge I decided on a journal page...mmm yes not something I'm very familiar with or known for, but  definitely something I'd like to explore in more detail. I have to admit I think I've fallen in love with it, and did not expect it to happen so soon, so I hope you like it.

Here is my take:



Details:

Page 1




Page 2


Techniques I've used:

I  covered my page with lace gesso and fabric. This technique was inspired by an art journal class I've attended at Scrap Matrix.

I've also been inspired by  Heather' McMahon' s tutorial on the Off the Rails blog this month, so I just had to play with magicals and H2O's. Wow, I just love how the colour blends.

Then I strung some mini sequins in wire strands to mimic some of the vertical lines in the sketch and added some golden mosaic tiles for variation. I was inspired by wind chaims at a friend's house and knew I wanted to add it to a craft project.




Tada and it was done. :)

Products Used:
Art journal– Finnabair, Lace Scrap– Matrix, Chipboard– Scrap Matrix, Sequins–  Scrap matrix.Stamps–  Darkroom Door, Dylusions Die- Cheery Lynn.


10 comments :

  1. It's fantastic Anguree! The colours and the sequins and chipboards - it all adds up to a fabulous art journal page! Well done! You've certainly inspired me. Thank you for joining with us at Off the Rails Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love mixed media great take on the sketch and mood board. Well done Anguree. Thanks for joining us ata Off the Rails Scrapbooking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Sensational start to your art journaling journey......LOOOVE the lace on the bg & those colours are ,well, magical AND the little butterflies....love 'em! Thanks so much for joining us at Off the Rails this month.....better late than never, as they say!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Anguree - this is amazing! I've never seen you do a journal page before. I love it! And thanks for your lovely comments about my tutorial. :) Thanks for joining in at Off The Rails.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous mixed media project.. great take on both the sketch and colour palette from OTRS

    ReplyDelete