It's great to connect with you all again. Hope you have been having fun crafting. So just before we wave the Month of May goodbye, I would like to share my take on this month's Tag Challenge. Phew, I am glad to be able to share this just before the deadline. Talk about the guilt, of not having it done in time. It drove me mad... I don't know if any of you had this experience before, but I almost felt guilty every morning thinking, I only have a few days left, not being sure if I'd make it this month. Well, all that is gone now and I did keep up to my new year's resolution of participating every month, so far anyway... Usually it's the very first thing I do, but I've been a very crafty lady and had way too much priorities on the list this last couple of weeks.
So below is the tag Tim Created for us this month, and I really loved it. Please hop over to the Tim Holtz Blog, to see how he has gone about to do it.
So here is my version:
I did not have the new embossing folders, so I created my own version by using a combination of chipboard letters and Spellbinders Mixage Media Foil.
First of all I created my own Embossing template by sticking my chipboard letters on a piece of cardstock. To get an image where the letters were sunken, rather than raised, I reversed the letters by turning them on their backs. The next step was doing the embossing, so by placing my template on a cutting plate, I lied my foil on the colored side facing down on top and then a rubber mat, followed by my texture plate. Wolla, all done.
From this point on, it was easy. I simply colored my foil using Archival ink and put some holes in it for the brads and glued on the other embellishments. I also discovered that my trusty Kaszazz tag needs to be a whee big bigger so I added 2 small layers of hessian ribbon and a scrap piece of leather that worked perfectly with the brads at the bottom.
I also decided to cover my tag with burlap/hessian rather than using pattern paper. Instead of doing patchwork, I stamped with paint on the washi-tape I modge podged onto the burlap. Using embellishments and the stamp created the idea of patchwork sections, rather than doing it the way Tim has.
I loved doing this challenge and hope you all had fun trying this out this month. If you still want to give it a go, definitely do so. It's a great way of using those hoarded little bits that never gets used because we feel sorry for them.
Products: Tag-Kaszazz , Archival Ink-Ranger, Acrylic Paint- Studio Artist, Stamp-Kaszazz , Embellishments - Kaszazz, Finnabair & craft markets ; Ribbon - Scrap Matrix; Foil- Spellbinders, burlap, leather, Helmar glue and red double sided tape.