Saturday 4 January 2014

January Kraft It Up Challenge

Hello everyone

I can't tell you how much I appreciate this little Christmas Break, which allows me to get a bit crafty and get the creative juices flowing. So today, I'd like to share my take on the Kraft It Up Challenge for January. 

The Criteria is to use washi tape, a number and a summer photo, working with the follow sketch:




So this is my take on it:



For the purpose of this challenge, I used washi tape to create a photomat for my photos.

The Title:



The title (February 2004) proved to be quite a challenge as my only white rub-on letters has deteriorated over time and had no numbers. I found a solution by using the ones I had and filled in the gaps with little bits from other letters with similar curves. To resolve the number issue, I used a z as the number 2, the letter o instead of 0 and finally a skewed x for the 4. To complete the 4, I again filled in the extra line with another line from another broken letter.


The rose vine:


To construct the rose vine, I covered florist wire with a craft paper string. I then bent it into shape, according to where I wanted the roses on my layout and attached them one by one.

Detail on the patterned paper:



I first fussy cut some shapes from my patterned craft paper and then colored some lines with smooch ink to match with my cardstock and photos.


Product List:

Cardstock: Francheville Kraft Boutique Paper Pad, Cre8tiv
Craft Paper: Dotty's Craft
Ink: Smooch Moonlight, Sassy Pink
Stamps: KAISERscrapbook Doodled frames
Rub-ons: Chriswick
Flowers: Little Birdie Boutique Elements
String
Washi tape

1 comment :

  1. I love your ceative touches that match the photo location beautifully 0! Thanks for joining us at KIU for the January challenge

    ReplyDelete